- Effective leaders have the ability to communicate well, motivate their team, handle and delegate responsibilities, listen to feedback, and have the flexibility to solve problems in an ever-changing workplace.
- Employers seek these skills in the candidates they hire for leadership This is what we discuss in this book.
Leadership: European Business Competence Kindle edition
- Leadership is an important function of management that helps maximise efficiency and achieve organizational goals. Initiates action- A leader is a person who starts the work by communicating the policies and plans to the subordinates from where the work actually starts.
- 5 Essential Leadership Skills and Practices
- Team development.
- Strategic thinking and acting.
- Ethical practice and civic-mindedness.
- A leader with purpose is concerned to align their own personal values with their definition of success, and achieve a sense of meaning and well-being in attaining their goals”. A sense of purpose, not a specific set of characteristics, is the key to successful leadership.
- Effective leadership is about executing the company’s vision (or redefining and improving it, in some cases) and setting the tone and the culture for that particular organization. Leadership means creating and planning, securing resources, and looking out for and improving errors.
- The 5 chapters of this book:
- Principles of leadership and management
- Duties and roles of leadership
- The leader
- The self-management competency
- The integrated management and leadership processes